2. Place film between the seal bars and depress handle. The light will go on for the preset period of time (approximately 1/2 second) and will go off automatically. Wait at least two seconds before lifting handle to remove the sealed film. The rubber pressure pad must remain in contact with the film during this period.
3. If seal is not satisfactory:
(a) Set to a lower number, if film is melted.
(b) Set to a higher number, if seal is not strong enough.
(c) If film tends to stick, apply a light coat of Silcone Oil to Teflon Cover and Pressure Pad Cover.
4. To maximize the life of the nichrome seal element and teflon, always use as low a time setting as possible that will produce an acceptable seal.*
IF OPERATOR IS SEALING A BAG SHORTER THAN THE LENGTH OF THE BAR, HE MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE HANDLE IS PRESSED DOWN HARD ENOUGH TO INSURE THAT THE PRESSURE PAD COMES INTO FULL CONTACT WITH THE TEFLON COVER EACH TIME. OTHERWISE THE ENDS OF THE COVERS WILL BURN EACH TIME A SEAL IS MADE.
THE PRESSURE PAD (RUBBER) MUST NOT BE ALTERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
DEFECTIVE SEALS AND BURNED TEFLON COVER WILL RESULT.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING TEFLON COVER
1. Loosen the screws A & B and pull out defective cover.
2. Place new TEFLON COVER over the SEALING ELEMENT but under the holding strips so that it covers the element completely and part of the element lugs as shown in sketch.
3. Tighten the screws A & B to a snug fit. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. This will hold the new cover in place.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING HEAT SEALING ELEMENT
1. Loosen the 4 screws and remove Teflon cover.
2. Fasten "A" end of the Heat Sealing Element to terminal "Y". Insert screw through "B" end of the Element and tighten.
3. When tightening screw at terminal "X", be careful not to distort the Heat Sealing Element. The entire length of the Heat Sealing Element should be parallel to the edge of the Teflon Glass Tape.
4. Replace the Teflon cover. All screws should be tightened to snug fit. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!!
These instructions should be followed carefully, to prolong the life of the Sealing Element as well as the Teflon cover.
NOTE: The Teflon cover should be replaced immediately if it bums through at any point. Otherwise, the rubber Pressure Pad will be damaged and require replacement.
Setting Seal Temperature on Manual Impulse Sealers